This article aims to cover the basic steps involved in adding a menu item in Joomla.
From the dashboard:
- In the top menu hover over Menus -> Menu Manager.
- You will find a list of Menus, find the menu you want (i.e. “Main menu”), then select the icon to the right hand side of it in the “Menu Items” column.
- Select add new (green plus sign top right)
- Select Articles -> Article Layout
- Enter title – Important: this is the wording that will appear as the link in the menu & will also be taken as the title for the page (which is used to name the browser window and search engine links etc)
- Select position in menu hierachy
- Select Published = Yes
- Select Access level (if necessary)
- Select the article you want to point to (Parameters-Basic on the right hand side), you do this by clicking “select” then choosing the article you previously created in the article manager.